As we paddle upstream to address social needs and improve health, we need to gauge our progress regularly and make swift course corrections. This presentation demystifies the measurement of complex outcomes, equipping participants with the essential knowledge to evaluate the impact of upstream interventions at three important scales: for individuals, institutions, and communities.
- Rishi Manchanda, MD, MPH, Founder & President, HealthBegins
- Karis Grounds, MPH, VP of Health and Community Impact, Community Information Exchange, 2-1-1 San Diego
- Brita Roy, MD, MPH, MHS, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Director of Population Health, Yale University School of Medicine
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify current challenges to measuring improvements in Social Determinants of Health (SDoH).
- Describe approaches to finding and refining measures for upstream success across different levels.
- Pinpoint resources to assist them in selecting appropriate SDoH measures.
Upstreamist In Action: Moving Stakeholders from Intention to Action to Reduce Food Insecurity in...
Renee Linyard-Gary knew that addressing social determinants of health in Charleston was not only a matter of identifying opportunities but also coordinating a large group of stakeholders to collective action—and this is how she did it.