This is part two in a series of HealthBegins webinars on optimizing hospital community benefit and population health initiatives, bringing national experts together to describe operational and financing strategies and best practices to establish sustainable partnerships with community organizations. Taken together, these approaches can help move community health investment forward, turning short-term progress into lasting change.
- Rishi Manchanda, MD, MPH, Founder & President, HealthBegins
- Jason Helgerson, Founder & Chief Solutions Officer at Helgerson Solutions Group, former New York State Medicaid Director
- William Pinakiewicz, VP, Chief Strategic Innovation Officer at the Nonprofit Finance Fund
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify barriers facing community-based organizations (CBOs) to participate in sustainable partnerships with health systems..
- Describe organizational and contract elements that can help promote sustainable relationships between clinical and community partners.
- List ways to ensure that cost savings from community health investments reach CBO partners, who can in turn invest them in further upstream strategic health promotion.
Upstreamist In Action: Moving Stakeholders from Intention to Action to Reduce Food Insecurity in...
Renee Linyard-Gary knew that addressing social determinants of health in Charleston was not only a matter of identifying opportunities but also coordinating a large group of stakeholders to collective action—and this is how she did it.