Investing for the future: New ways for institutions and communities to fund and manage their upstream investments
Through community partnerships and collaboratives, healthcare organizations are launching programs to address social needs and social determinants of health. But is the way we’re spending our resources putting us on a path to achieve long-term goals for population and community health? At the moment, the answer is no. And one reason is this: As we’re busy designing and managing new upstream initiatives, we’re treating them as individual programs, not as investments within a broader portfolio. Join us to hear national experts discuss new ways for institutions, multi-sector collaboratives and entire communities to shape interventions into a cohesive investment strategy that can achieve long-term financial, health, and social impact.
- Rishi Manchanda, MD, MPH, Founder & President, HealthBegins
- Lisa Richter, MBA, Managing Partner and Co-Founder, Avivar Capital
- Lauren A. Taylor, MPH, MDiv, Doctoral Student in Health Policy, Management, Harvard Business School
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe financial and sustainability challenges and pressures facing institutions and communities seeking to improve SDH.
- List at least two ways in which “impact investing” and “trusted broker” concepts relate to their own work on SDH.
- List at least two new approaches that institutions and communities can try to better manage, finance, and sustain SDH interventions.