Unmuddy the Waters: How Healthcare and Social Sector Partners are Improving Communication on the Journey Upstream
As more organizations forge clinical-community partnerships and join multi-sector collaboratives to address social determinants of health, we’re seeing healthcare, social service, and public health stakeholders use different words, terms, and definitions. This lack of clarity and precision in communication is muddying the waters, making it harder for partners to move upstream rapidly and effectively. In this webinar, national leaders in the upstream movement share lessons from the frontlines of implementation and policy. They highlight ways stakeholders in multi-sector collaboratives and clinical-community partnerships can better communicate about social determinants of health and health equity.
- Rishi Manchanda, MD, MPH, Founder & President, HealthBegins
- Dora L. Hughes, MD, MPH, Associate Research Professor, The George Washington University
- Katherine Verlander, MPH, Accountable Health Communities Model Lead, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- List at least two SDH-related communication challenges facing organizations involved in clinical-community partnerships and/or multisector collaboratives.
- Describe at least two examples of ways in which vanguard clinical-community partnerships and/or multisector collaboratives are communicating and coordinating to address SDH.
- List at least two resources to help organizations improve the precision of their SDH-related communication and planning efforts.